Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Kitty Kisses or The Mighty Feline

I was awakened in a very special way this morning.  A slight brush of something whisker touched my lips.  Then another touch.  I opened my eyes and found myself looking into yellowish eyes which were deep and large.  Another brush of whiskers against me and a light breath of a paw against my head.  Again, the eyes looked into mine, and the small triangular head pressed against me coaxing me awake.  "Oh, Mikael", I murmured. The small body flopped down next to me and he grabbed at my hand with his paws.




"It's too early, boy".  I protested. He ignored me and brought his hind legs up, kicking at my hand and then biting it.  The mighty hunter had captured his prey and now he sought , only to play with it.  "Ouch"!  That hurt, you little rascal"!  Another bout of kicking and nipping at my hand was the only answer from this feline warrior.  "Alright!  We will do it your way"!  I moved my hand this way and that all the while Mikael reached out with his claws nimbly and confidently to bring his prey back to him.

We played like this for quite awhile.  Then he tired of the game, grabbed my hand with both paws and claws, brought it down to his opening mouth with the fangs glistening white and ready to puncture.  The back legs came up again, A kick, another, and another!  Then the finishing blow.  The fangs clamped into my hand. "OUCH"!

I shook my hand and Mikael gave me a taunting look as he switched his tail and sauntered away.  I wondered who he would pick for his next prey.  The mighty hunter.  The attacker of hands.  The cat in my life.  What would I do without him?  I wouldn't have scratches, but I wouldn't have that cute triangular face waking me up with kitty kisses either.  I'll take the kitty kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment