Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

A day in the life of a Floridan in Traffic

A song from the 1970s revamped for my day in traffic.


Ahem,

Michganites to the left of me
Ohioans to the right
Here I am,
Stuck in the middle behind a Canuck.

Yes, I'm
Stuck in the middle behind a Canuck
And I
Don't know why we're going 25.
The speed limit is 50
but we're going 25
and I'm
Stuck in the middle behind a Canuck

We're going down SR 54.
Have to
Come to a complete stop.
The Canuck wants to change lanes
And we are at a dead stop.

New Yorkers to the left of me
Wisconsonites to my right
Here I am
Stuck in the middle behind a Canuck.

Why do they have to come to Florida?
We have too much traffic as it is.
The Canuck is finally moving over
and I am getting ready to move on ahead.

Vermonters to the left of me
Illi to the right
Here I am
Stuck in the middle behind a Canuck.

Wow, I am on my way,
Here I am up to 45
There's an old fart coming out of Walmart
and they pull right out in front of me.

Michiganites to the left of me,
Ohioans to the right.
Here I am stuck behind another Canuck.

Yes, I'm
Stuck behind another Canuck...
Here I am
Stuck behind another Canuck.....

With Love and gratitude to Stealers Wheel!

Love this song....A day in the life of a Floridian in traffic!


No comments:

Post a Comment