Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

On.the Threshold of Change

Another path has been found and with it comes change. I've looked at change in various ways throughout my life. I admit when I was young I was afraid of change. I wanted things to remain the same. I think it was because of the events in my life - my brother's death and my parents' divorce- which made me fear changes in my life. As I aged, I began to appreciate the new roads opening to me with each change I make. I was filled with wonderment and curiosity as I explored the fresh concepts being shown to me. Then suddenly, I became content or so I thought with my life and set roots down. Opportunities would arise and I would close true gate for I had nurtured the feelings of safety and complacency. As those emotions took hold, other reactions occurred as well. I became closed minded, judgemental, and overbearing. Yep! In other words, I was a real jerk! And I do mean a jerk! I even refused to talk to my daughter when she got a tattoo! Really how stupid and ridiculous could I be? I wanted a tattoo when I was young! Guess what? That's right change was in the air! I began to wake up from my slumber and found myself looking in a mirror and woundering who I was. I stared at the apparition before me and faced the reality it brought forth. I had become what I hated. Being fooled by the idea of being safe and planting roots had turned me into a fool. An overgrown trail appeared and I began to push my through the bushes, thorns, and brambles which I had allowed to surround me. It would be easy to me to just stay in that tower; very easy, but it wasn't right nor was it me. I had lost my soul to this belief. Now the time had come to fight for my soul, my life, and my hopes and dreams. Change had come back to me and I embraced it! The world became new and wonderment again filled my mind. My husband and I renewed our lives and the joy of being alive was apparent to us and to our daughter. We have all come to look at the events in our lives as being the trail to a new opportunity. I am back to myself, much wiser though and full of hope about my rebirth into a world filled with so many wonders. Yes, there are times when I get down and things go wrong, but that is what life is about. The ability to grow and learn from the dark times as well as the light times. Even more important is that when I move with change my mind opens and I find delight in the new opportunities that arise. Now as I write change fills the air for my family and I. There will be those who oppose the change, but without it we could fall back into the false security we held before. Change brings awareness as well as hope. It could be failure, but failure brings learning, understanding and comprehension; thereby, not being failure at all. Only to those who do not understand the growth which comes from blazing the new trail for ones self. Here I stand on the threshold of a knew path. Do I go forward or stay? Guess!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment