Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

''Twas The Night Before Star Wars Literary Advent December 8


In honor of this time where I've called on us to be calm and open amidst our excitement, I present to you my inmost thoughts in a parody of A Visit from St. Nicholas, this is "'Twas the Night before Star Wars," and I hope you enjoy it—but I hope you enjoy the movie more.
'Twas the night before Star Wars and past the asteroids
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse droid
The lightsaber hilts hung on belts with care
In hopes that Rey and Finn soon will be there

The fans will nestle all snug in their seats
N
To see the Jedi and their amazing feats
R2 and 3PO will be at it again
As we learn the plans of Kylo Ren
In the theater there will be so much chatter
The excitement will build, hearts will pitter-patter
Bound to my seat, I will remain fast
Nevermind the restroom, nevermind the trash
The moon’s a space station, the troops in the snow
Give a throwback of images to fight against Poe
What to my wondering eyes will appear?
Something so great? Or something to fear?
I’ve many little hopes, so be lively and slick
Use the right tropes, but please no tricks
We’re ready to meet those who are new to this game
Like the classic characters we know by name
Now Phasma, now Leia, now Chewie, and Luke
On Solo, on Tekka, Kanata, and Snoke
To the top of the records by the first nightfall
To top the box office, to the top of them all!
As fans before the premiere have questions to ask
We hope Disney and Abrams are up to the task
The hype is incredible, the marketing shrewd
With stores full of toys, and cosmetics, too?
The stuff is all stuffed all the way to the roof
Just see every store if you need any proof
No spoilers here, I avoided the sounds
No leaks have I scooped, no ear to the ground
I steered away from the rumors afoot
Lest my surprise at the film go all kaput
Like a kid with enough toys to fill up a shack
My heart feels like it’s on a race track
“I know your eyes”—said the trailer—so simple … but scary
‘Cos what are the eyes of the new adversary?
Ren’s eyes may be seen through Chewie’s crossbow
Or struck by Finn’s saber aglow in the snow
But I don’t want to know yet! I grit my teeth
At any hints that may surface from somewhere beneath
It all started with a Star Destroyer’s underbelly
Then to a Cantina, or was it a deli?
The point is this is new, a new book for the shelf
And I want to feel this newness, in spite of myself
But what if it’s rotten, say the doubts in my head
With the trailers I suppose I have little to dread
In my mind I believe this is going to work
Though I know it will not be without its quirks
Some will now say that it’s only a show
But to 5-year-old me, this is all that I know
To the cinema I go like a guided missile
To bring back some childhood, oh how I miss you
No matter what happens, after all we go through
Happy times to you all, and may the Force be with you
Article by Todd King
https://www.mouseplanet.com/11251/Twas_the_Night_before_Star_Wars

No comments:

Post a Comment