Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Time to Talk and Ask Questions

You know, I've been pretty good with this blog lately.  No political or controversial topics; just short stories about various journeys in life and how people responded to their journeys. Yet, these particular short stories ARE controversial.  They follow the paths where freedoms have been taken.  The story by Mark Twain and "The Yellow Wallpaper"  are two amazing stories concerned with this.  So are all of the tales I have brought forth in this blog.

Now, I just want to talk.  That's right, talk and ask a simple question.  First of all, Same-sex marriage.  I really don't get why this is such a hot topic.  People get downright nasty about it.  Why?  Is it anyone's business who individuals fall in love with?  Why are people so concerned about this?  It is really a topic which must be turned into some conspiracy theory?  Tell me, all you heterosexuals out there:  how would you feel if you were asked the following questions:

  1. When did you decide you were straight?
  2. How did you tell your family? 
  3. How do you know your straight?
  4. How many kids are you going to have?
  5. How come you haven't had any kids?
  6. How come you haven't had any more children?
Okay.  How do heteros feel about these questions?

Well, I can answer the last one.  Do you know how many times my husband and I were asked number 6?  Constantly.  We were blessed with one child.  That's all.  We are thrilled to have had her.  I finally came up with an answer which stopped these nosy parkers in their tracks:  "God decided we only needed one child and she is the greatest gift we have ever been given".

So, how do you feel?    Personally, I hope you are thinking.  I hope you realize what horrible questions these are.  Would you like to answer them?  If you haven't, have you ever asked them?  If you have, man, you need to think about how you would feel if you were asked them or something like them.

Now, here's another thought. How many times have you heard or said:  Homosexuality is a sin!  Come on, be honest.  Now I want to ask you a question:  Are you divorced and remarried?  Hate to tell you this but your sinning.  Have you taken the Lord's name in vain?  Your sinning.  Have you ever said, I wish I could be like so and so?  Your sinning!  Have you thought of "doing it" with somebody other than your spouse?  Hey, your sinning!  Have you eaten everything in sight on Thanksgiving?  Guess what, you're guilty of the sin of gluttony.  Shall I continue.

So, now I'm going to say something. Okay, for all the Christians who have declared homosexuality a sin.  Everything that God makes is perfect.  Right?  Yep!  God makes humans so they are perfect, right?  Yep.  Homosexuality is not a choice.  Humans are born this way.  So, if God makes humans perfect, then we are all perfect.  It is through our free will which leads us to sin.  Right?  Got it!  Homosexuality is not a sin!  Wait you say, God says it is, you say!  It's in the Bible, you say!  Guess what?  So does being divorced and remarried a sin...wait....you don't like this....it's not true.  Well, hey, I was accused of the sin of gluttony, by a "Christian" who said since he was in God's image he didn't sin.  Guess what?  He sinned! and guess what else?  I sinned!  You know what?  You sin!  So do us all a favor, and stop worrying about sin and start thinking about how to show God's love!

You want to tell me anymore about sin.  Don't.  You want to tell me that you know an individual of the LGBTQ community and how you want to be there for them.  Talk to me.  We can share how we care.  You want to tell me that homosexuality is a sin, I'm going to ask you if you know someone who is gay. If you don't I'm going to tell you about my daughter.  I'll tell you about a man who disowned his son who was gay, then when the boy was in a motorcycle accident, the guilt he had for not being a father to his child.  I'll talk to you about the bisexual I now.  That's right.  I know them.  Personally.
If you tell me you don't know anyone who is gay, I'm going to tell you the same things.  Then I'm going to ask you, why?  You better have a really good answer, for now, I don't put up with the hypocrisy.  That's right.  Hypocrisy.

This conversation isn't over, not by a long shot.  But you're more than welcome to talk to me.  I am open to communication.  That's how minds are opened.  Do me a favor, open your minds and hearts.  Let love shine forth in glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment