Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Horrific Journey

When you think about a journey, you imagine all sorts of fantastic events, encounters, and trials. Today, Mother's Day 2013, I was thinking about a journey which I have never taken nor wish too; but I have seen it with several individuals I have known. It must be a horrific journey; considering what these people have done and do in order to accomplish it....Accomplish it? People accomplish a journey that is horrific? Yes, everyday. Picture this (for some reason I feel like Sophia in Golden Girls), you are sitting in your living room, reading, talking, whatever, when something grabs your attention outside. You look out the window and stare with disbelief as a black car pulls to a stop on your neighbor's lawn, (yeah, on the lawn). Your neighbor runs out of her house, the person in the car rolls down the window, she hands whomever it is a wad of bills (lots of them) and a plastic bag with white stuff is given to her. The car takes off with a roar, and your neighbor runs back inside. She closes the house up tight, you never see her again that day. Yeah, you've just witnessed a drug buy. Cocaine. Oh and by the way, the electricity gets turned off, or the water for the bill wasn't paid. No, the money went for some white powder. Now while you are being the person observing this, imagine what it must be like for your neighbor. You snorted some coke, liked it. Did some more. Loved the high, it made you forget your troubles. You want more and more. Your kids come home. Don't bother mommy, she's not feeling well. But there's nothing to eat. Here take this and go to where ever. Mommy needs to take some more medicine. The days go by, no food, suddenly no money. I need to get it. I'll pawn or sell my daughter's camera, ipod, xbox, whatever. I gotta have it. Yeah, the white powder has you, it owns you. Mommy, mommy! I gotta have it. Money, I gotta get some money. LEAVE ME ALONE! Mommy, I'm hungry! I've sold everything. Let me ask my neighbor for some money...$50. Got $50! Here brats! Is there enough? Maybe some pills will help. Roxies, vicodin, anything. Wash it down with alcohol! I'm flying! Dropped! Need more! Family....took some money from brother, sister, mom, dad, whomever! Bring me some! Going high! Crash! Jail time. Crash. Loss of friends. Crash! Family gone! Crash! Out of jail! I'm good. Just one snort. That's all. Flying high! Yeah, it's a journey all right, a journey from hell! It's horrific! Imagine the hell. How about all the people who have OD and just been left by their buddies. Many died alone...alone. It's drugs. It's pills. It's coke. It's pot laced with something. In the end it's you, alone. A horrific journey. Do us, the ones who love you and care, don't start, if you have get help and get off. Do it for you. You need a better journey than the hell you have given yourself. Yes, every day someone dies in the state of Florida. Actually a lot do from drug abuse. Ten years ago, it was a young man in the neighborhood. His buddies dumped him at his grandma's. His kid sister found him. He died alone. The neighbor you watched, still doing it and has lost everything. Many ministrokes and still can't stop. It's a trap. It's hell. Say a prayer or send good thoughts. Hell on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment